New Beginning Life Writing Workshop
This two day creative writing workshop and journey offers the opportunity to:
- Remember, savour and rejoice in healing poetry, poignant events & times.
- Identify and let go of what doesn’t serve a positive purpose in your life
- Enjoy a series of writing exercises to help you start writing and tell your story.
- Discover how you can start your very own poetry collection or a memoir.
- Ignite your creativity on a local gallery visit (Saatchi Gallery or V&A).
- Explore and get in tune with your true vision, dreams and goals.
- Have fun doing it!
Facilitator: Giles Ford (M.A in creative writing and 3 time nominee of the Bridport Poetry Prize)
Date: Thursday/Friday 11th & 12th July.
Time: 10am to 4:30pm
Venue: 88 Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Cost: £450 for two days (advanced bookings), £500 (payable on the day)
* Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided on both days of the workshop.
* Optional accommodation at the premises is available upon request for £50 a night.
Here is what some of our past participants said about their experience:
Feedback from Lynne:
The structure and content that included a visit to the Saatchi Gallery, the concept of Being Kind, the works of Jim Smith, and Giles’ own Poetry as well as the Personal Objects work were excellent. It was a very worthwhile experience.
What does writing mean for me?
An opportunity to express my feelings, to challenge my ideas and ideals and to be my true self.
Feedback from Britt:
This has been a really positive couple of days with a fantastic setting. I enjoyed the walk up Kinds Road, Saatchi Gallery, NA meeting in the morning. Jim the guest speaker/musician.
The workshop took me on a journey through past, present and future. The objects, photos, letters, books were good exercises for personal progress.
The positive atmosphere Giles creates is very relaxing, structured but was not regimental to develop.
Feedback from Angela:
This was Fantastic and Fun. Beginning, middle and end, ideas and the city! All of it!
Pushed me out of comfort zone and kept me within it as well which was reassuring.
Perfectly timed, varied, explained and linked in to the whole of life.
Through writing your very essence and soul can be bared as far as you are willing to go – your voice can emerge.
Honesty, realizations, thoughts to ponder, things to do, you name it…it was there. Thank you!
Feedback from Elaine:
I wasn’t sure what to expect but Giles created a cohesive and supportive environment for the participants – something appreciated by a novice like me.
The pace of the days was varied so the workshop was never dull. Looking back to look forward was a good structure.