The creators of the Achilles Executive Recovery Programme, PROMIS is looking to recruit experienced and enthusiastic Addiction Therapists to join their team in central London.
Under the supervision of a Clinical Manager, duties and responsibilities will include providing assessments, individual, group and family therapy to patients and their families according to demonstrated competence.
In addition, successful candidates will also be expected to act as case managers – working to coordinate all aspects of care for each patient, including developing individualised treatment plans, overseeing follow-up and after-care support. This position is also responsible for completing and maintaining progress notes accurately, addressing treatment goals, major clinical issues and changes in mental health status.
- Maintanance and documentation of all case reports including psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, progress notes, discharge summary and all clinical contacts with patients.
- Completetion of these documentations both in paper and electronic format within required time frames while fully meeting the standards established by the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Development of goal-oriented treatment plans, therapy sessions, strategies, interventions and other related outpatient therapy tasks that follow clinically proven and evidence-based practices.
- Reassessment and revision of treatment plans to respond to changing patient needs as well as clinical changes and family, social or life events that impact treatment.
- Identifying problem areas that may hinder patients’ ability to successfully complete treatment and in such cases, guiding patients to develop strategies to overcome these obstacles.
- Keeping informed about new developments in the field of substance abuse and co-occurring disorders.
- Working creatively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Assisting patients and their families in understanding the nature of their mental or emotional disorder; providing emotional support and information to help them identify external stressors that contribute to the patient’s problems.
The post calls for:
- Friendly manner,
- Dedication and Compassion,
- Being able to work as part of a team,
- Excellent organisational and communication skills,
- Reporting to senior management.
The successful candidate must adhere to a strict code of confidentiality and discretion.
Desired Skills & Experience
- FDAP or a similar accreditation is required, as is training and experience in Minnesota model and psychoeducational group facilitation or CBT or other evidence based therapies.
- Additional years experience in behavioural health/addiction setting.
- The ideal candidate will posses a degree or diploma in counselling or psychology.
- Proven track record.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CV along with a Cover Letter to apply for this position.
PROMIS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.